Saturday, May 7, 2011
Ode to My Mom
1. For telling me angel stories.
2. For teaching me what truth, beauty, and goodness are.
3. For stopping to "visit Jesus" with me every time we passed a Catholic parish.
4. For teaching me the importance of prayer.
5. For being my biggest fan.
6. For fighting to guard me from scandal when I was a child.
7. For praying her heart out. and then some.
8. For being an example of truly loving the poor, forgotten, and unloved.
9. For being my best friend.
10. For giving her heart out. and then some.
11. For raising me on Christian music.
12. For giving me my Faith.
13. For having a servant's heart.
14. For rocking my first child in the wee hours of the morning so I could sleep.
15. For carrying me through childhood and motherhood.
16. For being a silent, strong, praying presence through every birth.
17. For teaching me about submission.
18. For laughing with me.
19. For crying with me.
20. For being the best grandmommy EVER to my children.
21. For more than I could ever list........
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!