Clan Donaldson posted this idea in a recent blog from another blogger, Rambling Follower, and while I have spent the last ten minutes thinking, "Oh no! My kids don't know that!" and "My parents don't know that!" this is as revealing as it gets. I borrowed some of these from a Facebook post I made a long time ago and added some new ones. So drumroll, Ahem.
1. I used to wear boots from my bed to the bathroom every night as a child for fear of creepy crawly things. My mom called them "bug boots". In my defense, because my bathroom was connected to the kitchen by vent, bugs seemed to be drawn to it. I also had a whole drawer of "nighttime"socks. Argyle.
2. I played the part of "Ernestina" in Hello Dolly in highschool.
3. I started writing music at 11 or 12 and tried making amateur recordings on my parents Karyoke machine.
4. I am related to Eddie Albert, the guy on "Green Acres".
5. I went to a Christian Athletic camp in the summer for 7 years and majored in Dance, but other than that "sport", have no interest in sports and am not athletically inclined.
6. My son says when ever I tap something like a spoon on a pot, I always do it to a rhythm.
7. I was a rebellious teenager, and my mother is a saint.
8. I am severely allergic to any animal with feathers or fur, but thanks to my neighbor who has more pets than anyone I have ever known, I have had the practice of painting 3 animal portraits now, soon to work on a 4th.
9. I began playing guitar and singing at an early age, but didn't know how to read music until I was forced to in Music School in College. They also required that I learn to play the piano. which I am grateful for now.
10. I pierced my own ears with a needle and some ice cubes when I was 11 or 12 years old.