SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Funny Quotes

I honestly think if I just wrote down what people say in this house every day I would have a hilarious book on my hands, if I ever had the time. Here's just some highlights anyway.


In English I am pulling teeth to get Princess to write a sentence with a proper noun and she says, "you say it doesn't have to be true, right?  JI loves the saints!" (visualize mom's scowling face)

5 yr. old :  "Mom, I hate graham crackers, because I hate graham crackers in our house, they make me NERVOUS."

Princess: "I used to think I wanted the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for my mansion in heaven, but then after I saw the Biltmore mansion, I wanted that instead."

Oldest Son: "Grandmommy knows just how far to go without going over the top."

My Husband to my oldest: "Just so you know, people in this family have a tendency to use permanent markers and then change their minds."

And this is my favorite of the week....

The subject of judgement day came up and as we were discussing what scripture says about it, Princess rolls her eyes a bit and says, "Well, I guess we won't get any snacks!" Me: "What?! What do snacks have to do with Judgement day?" Princess: "Well, I guess there won't be much time for snacks with all that judging going on!"

My husband and I had alot of fun with this one. Can't you just see it? Angels going around with trays of refreshments and drinks on Judgement Day...but I guess only the "sheep" would get them. Unless you could ask for your snack before the judgement was made. Goats better get them while you can! Because pretty soon...NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

3 comments :

  1. "I used to think I wanted the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for my mansion in heaven, but then after I saw the Biltmore mansion, I wanted that instead."

    Best. Observation on Heaven. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there won't be any time for snacks with all that judging going on. Totally! I hope we get to sit down. After the first billion people or so, it might begin to drag on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assured her the Lord was aware of our needs and would care for us, even on judgement day. I'm thinking snacks will be the last thing on my mind, but that's just me.

      Delete