"My heart goes out to My people.." (Mt 15:31)Today is the feast day of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. A "feast day" is what it sounds like, basically a party in the Church to celebrate certain aspects of our Faith. Do we put up streamers and balloons? No, well, some families do maybe, but we might go to mass, talk about what it means, maybe make a cake if you eat sweets, and spend some time praying and thinking about it.
The idea of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is nothing new really. Jesus was human, and therefore had a human heart, but he was also divine, and his divinity transformed his humanity, they consumed each other. In a manner of speaking. So why should we be surprised to see his human heart consumed with flames of Divine Love for all humanity?
"Behold this Heart which has loved everyone so much that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming itself, in order to testify its love." Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary, June of 1675.
Our Lord first introduced the idea of devotion to his Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary. These are the promises he made for those that would remain devoted to the Sacred Heart and share it with others:
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their houses.
- I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
- I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all at death.
- I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
- I will bless every place where a picture of My Heart shall be set up and honored.
- 10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- 11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
- I promise in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Jesus To Sr. Josefa Menendez:
“My Heart is not only an abyss of love, It is also an abyss of mercy; and knowing as I do that even My closest friends are not exempt from human frailties, I will take each of their actions, however insignificant, to be clothed through Me with immense value for the help of those in need and for the salvation of sinners. All cannot preach nor evangelize distant uncivilized peoples, but all, yes, all, can make My Heart known and loved . . . All can mutually help one another to increase the number of the saved by preventing the loss of many souls . . . and that, through My love and mercy. I will tell My chosen souls that My love for them goes further still; not only shall I make use of their daily life and of their least actions, but I will make use of their very wretchedness . . . their frailties . . . even of their falls for the salvation of souls. Love transforms and divinizes everything and mercy pardons all.” (December 5, 1922).
Today is also the birthday of my precious Queen. Nothing is an accident, and it was out of the abyss of the mercy of His Sacred Heart, that he gave her to me!!
"Come to me, all you who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon your shoulders and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. Your souls will find rest, for my yoke is easy and my burden light" (Mt 11:28-29).