SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What Makes Us Crazy

You would think that parenting is somewhat predictable right? and should make some sense. to the inexperienced parent, maybe, or to the non-parent. Because for those of us who have been doing it for a little while, we know that nothing about parenting makes sense.

As I was getting dressed this morning, I was interrrupted by the Little Guy who bursts through the door with "Mom! Everyone is laughing at me for not being nice, FOR NO REASON!" Too many decisions for me to make. Whom do I correct? The people who are laughing at him? the one who is not being nice? or the ones who are laughing at him, for no reason? I start practicing what I am going to say in my head and it all sounds ridiculous, "Who was laughing at him for no reason?! At least laugh at him with a purpose!! But if you are laughing at him for not being nice, that is NOT nice. So don't do it!! and YOU stop being not nice and you won't be laughed at!!" slams the door, in my mind. Sigh.

I think about Bill Cosby when he explains why his wife looks crazy all the time and how his children have driven them crazy.

So when you meet a parent and they can't remember their name, leave their wallet in your driveway, or can't seem to carry on an intelligent conversation with you, please, please, have a heart.















1 comment :

  1. I'm chuckling right now, but I promise with good reason. :) I hear you - loud and clear.

    Wishing you some sanity this morning. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete